Ask any fleet executive, fleet manager, shipper, or driver, and you’ll find CSA is top-of-mind. What is CSA exactly? And how might these changing regulations impact your trucking company’s bottom line?
In December 2010 and in an effort to improve highway safety, the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) introduced an initiative called Compliance, Safety, Accountability, or CSA. The program’s objective is to reduce accidents, injuries, and fatalities through improvements in commercial motor vehicle safety.
The new CSA model will:
- Measure large truck and bus safety performance
- Evaluate commercial fleets and drivers
- Intervene with high-risk fleets and drivers
Want to know more?
- Download the FMCSA fact sheet for information direct from the source
- Learn how CSA will affect you
- Check out these frequently asked questions about CSA
|FMCSA EOBR rule still under consideration|