POSITION: Software Engineer
LOCATION: Eden Prairie, MN
Founded in 1985 XRS Corporation (www.xrscorp.com) is the expert in optimizing fleet operations by reducing costs and ensuring regulatory compliance for the trucking industry. Our on-demand software and services help companies manage fleet operations, enhance driver safety and deliver a higher level of customer satisfaction. Offered through a fee-based subscription service, XRS Corporation affordably oversees every truck in an organization’s fleet.
XRS Corporation provides expert services to develop the business processes required to deliver the profitability, safety and service levels demanded by today’s competitive transportation environments. XRS Corporation was the first company to introduce electronic driver logs and exception-based management reporting. Today XRS systems increase the productivity of approximately 110,000 trucks across North America.
The Software Engineer is responsible for development of Software as a Service (SaaS) hosted applications. This person must be well versed coding, performance tuning, and automated unit testing software in a Microsoft C# .Net environment. This person must also have strong knowledge of good object oriented design concepts as well as both industry standard patterns and Microsoft best practices.
- Designs, develops, and modifies, and implements Software as a Service (SaaS) hosted applications according to business requirements including:
- Microsoft C# .Net Development
- ASP.Net Web Pages
- ASP.Net Web Services
- ASP.Net MVC 3+
- .Net Windows Services
- Supports and/or installs software applications.
- Plans and performs proper unit testing of software code written (including automated unit testing.)
- Participates in the requirements process through design and specification reviews.
- Documents design using UML according to company process guidelines.
- Approaches software development using industry standard concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Participates in the testing process through test review and analysis, test witnessing and certification of software.
- Conducts and participates in peer code reviews.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related area.
- 3+ years of Microsoft C# .NET experience.
- High degree of competence is required with the entire suite of Microsoft Office products.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Possesses a positive attitude with strong work ethic, integrity and honesty.
- Self-starter capable of working independently or in groups.
- Well versed in industry standard software development life cycle process methodologies.
- 2+ years of Microsoft SQL Server development experience.
- Networking and Windows Server administration (programming WMI, cscript, batch files) skills a plus.
- Software installation and/or automated build skills a plus.
- Advocate for disciplined Agile practices.
- Familiar with Reporting and Analytics or Business Intelligence Concepts.
- Familiar with Microsoft Team Foundation Server.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, XRS Corporation is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a competitive salary with comprehensive benefits.
If you are interested in applying for the position, please submit your resume to HR[at]XRSCorp.com
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Women, Veterans, Disabilities Interested applicants should email their cover letter and resume to XRS Human Resources.